- How To Use
- Key Ingredients
- All Ingredients
- Shipping Information
A liquid formulated to gradually reveal a smoother, more radiant complexion. 10% mandelic acid is blended with soothing, hydrating botanical extracts to form this effective, yet gentle exfoliator.
- 3.5-3.7 pH
- No artificial fragrances
- Not tested on animals
Crafted in small batches to ensure freshness, consistency
, and perfection.
Mandelic Acid, an AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) derived from bitter almonds, is one of the most gentle acids out there and is appropriate for all skin tones and types, even sensitive skin. Soothing and hydrating botanical extracts (Green Tea and Agave) in this liquid form a lightweight membrane as a safeguard to further ensure the skin's comfort and wellbeing. Despite its tender nature, Mandelic Acid is a heavyweight among other skincare acids. With regular and directed use, skin will look clearer, more hydrated, smoother, more even-toned, and brighter.
What is exfoliation? Find out here!
120mL (4 FL OZ) in a Twist Top Cap Bottle
Start slowly, paying close attention to how the skin reacts. Use only once a week and slowly increase the frequency to two or three times a week. If you have sensitive skin, only once a week will be sufficient. Use before bedtime. After cleansing, apply a small amount to face (avoiding eyes and lips), neck, and décolletage with a cotton pad. Do not rinse off. Finish with a gentle moisturizer. May cause skin to tingle or flush slightly for a short time. Always use a broad-spectrum sunscreen during the day.
Check out my article, "The Inside Scoop on Exfoliation: How Often Should You Really Be Exfoliating?".
- Mandelic Acid is an alpha-hydroxy acid derived from bitter almonds. It is used as a gentle exfoliating agent in skincare. Studies have also shown that mandelic acid can improve collagen production and cellular turnover.
- Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis) is derived from the popular evergreen succulent, Aloe Vera. Aloe is used in many products for its soothing properties. It is healing, hydrating and anti-inflammatory.
- Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) extract is derived from the leaves and buds of the Camellia sinensis, an evergreen shrub, commonly named Tea Plant or Tea Shrub. Green Tea has many health benefits for the skin. It is stimulating, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and skin-soothing. Studies have shown that topical application of green and white tea promotes better defense against UV damage to the skin.
- Agave rigida (Sisal) extract is derived from the Sisal plant. This extract is commonly called agave extract because the sisal plant is species of agave. It is a healing and soothing agent. Agave extract has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, making it useful for addressing inflammation or infection.
- Glycerine is also called glycerin or glycerol, glycerine is composed of oils and fats derived from a variety of natural sources. It is very humectant and binds well with moisture, working to soften the skin.
- Allantoin occurs naturally in the body but is also derived from the comfrey plant or uric acid. It is skin-soothing and conditioning, promoting healing and healthy tissue growth.
- Panthenol, also known as Pro-Vitamin B5, is a moisture-binding ingredient that hydrates and increases water retention in the tissue. It is also known to have calming, soothing and anti-inflammatory benefits for the skin.
Aloe Barbadensis, Mandelic Acid (10%), Triethanolamine, Propanediol 1,3, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Agave Rigida (Sisal) Extract, Glycerine, Deionized Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate
Mandelic acid is derived from bitter almonds. If you have a nut allergy, please consult your doctor prior to use.
Check with your doctor before use if you are pregnant.
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes and lips. If irritation occurs, discontinue use and rinse thoroughly with water. Keep out of reach of children. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) product and for a week afterwards.
As with any new skincare product, it's imperative to perform a patch test. Patch testing is a method of testing a new product to see if it will work for your skin. This test is often ignored, and can result in pretty severe acne or allergic reactions.
Choose a small, discreet, patch of skin on your body, such as behind an arm or behind an ear. Then apply a small amount of the product in question according to the product directions. In the following 24 hours watch for signs of a reaction such as abnormal redness or irritation. If an adverse reaction occurs discontinue use. Please note that adverse reactions are the exception and are not common.
Charles McKnight® skincare products are meticulously crafted in small quantities, in our southern California laboratory, to ensure excellence. We ship this product through Priority Mail from USPS. Allow a week processing time for orders. Plus 3-5 days shipping time. We will provide you with a shipping tracking number once it becomes available. That way you can track up to the minute where your package is.